Monday 14 February 2011

February blues.

So the past week hasn't been the best. I mean, Madrid's great, but it's so ridiculously lonely out here sometimes (she says, after enjoying being able to take over the kitchen to make the most scrumptious chocolate shortbread EVER while Amparo's away!). I would really quite like to go home, have a cup of tea and absolutely own my mother at Mario Kart! ;) HOWEVER, I do start my Spanish classes tomorrow...maybe I'll meet some people there. And seems like I'm going to be busy from now on. My working week looks a little bit like this for the rest of my time here:

- Monday: 10:30-4 in school, 7:30-9 tutoring English.
- Tuesday: 9-4 in school, 7:30-9 Spanish classes (and 9-9:30 in Starbucks :P)
- Wednesday: 9-4 in school, afternoon tutoring English.
- Thursday: 9-4 in school, 5:45-6:30 tutoring English, then 7:30-9 Spanish classes.

Ouch.

But then I have a three-day weekend to recover. Or, you know, use every penny of my wage to go travelling :P

Oooh I went to DISNEYLAND PARIS a couple of weekends ago which was INCREDIBLE (of course!) AND I managed to control myself and only came back with a coaster for my numerous cups of coffee I seem to be drinking atm! I met up with Sophie and Rozy which was amazing and we had lots of fun (Sophie: the incident with the hot sauce on the sausage has to be a definite highlight for me!) I don't think Amparo approved of me swanning off to France having just arrived in Spain but if I didn't go, I'd have spent my money on something silly and I've always wanted to go back. So I did :D

I think my next trip is going to be Granada. Or Toledo. Or Sierra Nevada. Not entirely sure to be honest but it'll be great wherever I go. And I've still got so much to see of Madrid. I went to the Templo de Debod this weekend which was so incredibly beautiful and anyone that comes to visit is being dragged there, willingly or not. I did, however, stupidly leave my camera at home the day I went there, but that just gives me an excuse to go back :)

Talking of photos, I am aware that this post lacks them, but quite frankly, I can't be arsed. I'll add them in another post tomorrow evening, along with an account of how my first Spanish lesson went (here's hoping I'm not in a class with balding middle-aged men!) Haha.

I'm sure there was more I wanted to say on here, but I've forgotten, and am actually about ten seconds away from falling asleep, so goodnight and hasta manana! <3 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment