Friday 24 June 2011

Long time, no post...

The title actually refers to the ridiculously long time it's been since I last posted (sorry! I'm evidently not cut out for blogging!) but I have also been waiting for a letter from LCL, my French bank, for about two weeks now. So I am still completely unaware as to how much money remains in my French account, if anything.

So my year abroad officially ends in five days. *Sobs*. I've been through some rough patches, I assume everybody has, but I have to admit I'm a little gutted that it's ending so soon. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly excited to see my friends and family, but I love Madrid. And Lyon and Munich were amazing too.

However, although the official part of my year abroad is drawing to an end, I am heading over to Freiburg in September for a language course. There's no internet in the student dorms which is going to be a pain in the rear end, but the course itself sounds really good...morning classes, then afternoon classes are optional, with the use of language labs until 7pm. Time to geek it up because I have forgotten almost ALL of my spoken German. I can still read and write without too many problems, but ask me to give you a sentence in German and I'll just stutter out a few random words at you. Therefore, Freiburg here I come!

I would list everything I've been doing in Madrid, but chances are that if you're following this, you probably also have me added on Facebook, so I'm going to be lazy and just tell you to check out my Madrid album(s) on there. There are, however, a number of photos from my last couple of days out missing from the albums: Segovia and the Warner Brothers theme park. Segovia is one of the best places I've had the chance to visit this year...a little old town, with bags of character and lots of bars for me to fill my boots with lots of yummy food.

So, instead of a long list of Madrid antics, I'll talk about summer plans instead. First of all is Extrav (a big end of year party at Lancaster University for those of you who aren't Lancastrians), and I cannot wait! It'll be so good to see everyone from last year, especially because a lot of people are leaving and won't be there next year.

Then the next big event is LONDON! For the first time in my life I will be making a trip to our country's capital! It's going to be a great few days with the girls, and I'm bringing out my inner child and spending lots of time in Hamleys. An absolute MUST is Buckingham Palace, obviously, and Westminster Abbey. I've always been a bit indifferent regarding the Royals, but Kate and William's wedding was just so lovely that I want to see where it all happened!

After that there's the graduations of three of my favourite people, before my 21st birthday, and LEEDS FESTIVAL! I've been such a failure these last few years, living in Leeds yet not having been to Leeds Fest. However, that will change this year, and I shall be spending Bank Holiday weekend camping and seeing lots of bands. Good times, and even better if Mother Nature is on our side and keeps the rain away!

Can't think of anything more to say, I'll *hopefully* write more again soon, when I'm back in Blighty.

HASTA LUEGO! <3 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment